"If you don't smoke cigarettes or have never been a high school quarterback but still want to be cool, then read this blog."



-Founder and CEO Awesomesuperballs

Friday, April 2, 2010

Exclusive Interview with NBA Live creators


This is a top secret interview exclusive to this blog.  My buddy Jacko knows a guy named Dave who interns at EA sports.  I sideled up to him at a local coffee shop and asked him a few questions.

Dave, Thanks for your time.  What is it that you do at EA sports exactly? Well I mostly get coffee and shit like that.  They don't really let me do much with the actual video game. I do play it alot though.

Great, I also have played the game before. I usually play with the Seattle Supersonics, my favorite part is when Shawn Kemp jumps in the air and goes "BOOM-SHAK-ALAKA!" Will there be more or less of that in this years game?  Your talking about NBA JAM not NBA LIVE. 

That is unfortunate, I have like four more questions about Shawn Kemp.  Anyway, I guess I will just move on.  How can you possibly keep improving the game year in and year out?  That is a good question.  It does get more and more difficult to improve, although this year we feel the game will have significant improvements concerning authenticity.

Can you elaborate on that Dave?  Well I was making some copies and I overheard a board meeting between the creators.  From what I could hear, they want to dig deeper into what it means to be an NBA superstar.  For example this year, during each game, there is a new feature called the "inflated sense of self-o-meter."  The more points you score and the better your dunks, the higher your meter goes.  Once your meter reaches "maximum inflation" you get a new tattoo.  Your choices are "The World Is Mine," "All Eyes On Me" and "Chosen One." 

Any other features that will be new to the franchise?  This is just a rumor, but I have heard that in career mode your total earnings, including bonuses and endorsements, will be tallied and put into a trust fund, benefitting your illegitamate children.

Now one of my favorite features has always been creating your own player.  Will there be any changes in that regard?  Well again in keeping with the authenticity theme, we have eliminated the option of choosing "white" for your skin color.  You can choose "european" or even "light skinned black guy" but not white.

I want to thank you for you time Dave.  Congratulations on being a part of this ground breaking game, and good luck in your future endevors.  No problem, now please leave me alone.

4 comments:

  1. can't wait for the next entry, can i suggest "larry bird, the flight from frech lick to boston". or the top bazillion reasons why larry bird is better than isiah thomas.

    dave skywalker

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not just 'some guy' in the photo....that is The Did...some respect please

    ReplyDelete
  3. he needs to worry more about his fundamentals and less about cutting the sleeves off of his shirt.
    also, i do not mean to be a downer, but the new super tecmo bowl game did not get the rights to the nfl teams and rosters so that means made up teams with made up players. i'm sure it will still be fun playing with running back sensation DeAndre Ishmael on the Muncie Mastadons, i hear they are looking to have a strong year.

    ReplyDelete